Lewis Heriz is a cross-disciplinary artist based in Ludlow, UK.
His MA in Animation at the Royal College of Art in 2021 focussed on tactile processes, optical sound/visual music, consciousness and performance.
His graphic work - produced up until his transition to animation - is known for its organic and kinetic character, with hand-drawn typography and a bold aesthetic rooted in his family's screenprinting heritage.
Lewis is fascinated by the associative nature of experience, and the connections between the senses. He has referred to his graphic art approach as 'manufactured synæsthesia', looking for a sensory and empathetic response in the audience through tactile design. The majority of Heriz's work over the past decade has been with independent record labels, creating graphics as a means of aiding the distribution of musical forms otherwise previously under-represented in Europe and North America. His work with Soundway Records and Sofrito Records has been primarily a mix of introductory packages and current productions; aiming to contextualise the musical movements that provide an insight into cultural scenes, and offering subjective snapshots of our perpetually fluid populations in time and place. And putting on loads of parties.
Alongside this regular work in the music industry, Lewis has taken on diverse projects of any type that interests and excites him, usually alongside other individuals or small businesses with a sustainable and collectivist mindset.
Exhibited & Featured:
- Royal College of Art Degree Show and screening event at the BFI Southbank, So Long (We Dreamt of This) 
- Centre Pompidou <<Mon Oeil>>, Improv 1 
- Vimeo Staff Pick, Improv 1 
- Hot Sun, Late Sun: Modernism Untamed, Fondation Vincent Van Gogh, Arles 
- Vinyl Factory (2) - Sun Ra Arkestra covers
- It’s Nice That
- Bantmag (Turkey)
- Rough Trade Solo Show, Nottingham 
- Vinyl Factory (1)
- Ink & Paper 2, Stour Space, London 
- Cover Club, Ace Hotel 
- colectivo futuro
- Hackney WickED, London [2014, 2015 & 2016]
- Flyposting #3 at The Gallery at Munro House, Leeds 
- Out of the Box, London 
- Dust, Ink and Scratches retrospective at Avila Factory, Strasbourg 
- Screenadelica Poster Exhibition, Liverpool Sound City Festival 
- Images 32 annual – published by the AOI – and accompanying exhibition at London College of Communication, 2008
- Stick*Stamp*Fly, Gasworks, London, August 2007